Weird Thought Wednesday

Hello, this week I was thinking about languages. At what point did we all decide to speak in a different language? Did we not think it would be so much more convenient to all speak one language? I understand that I have got it easy in already knowing English as almost everyone in the world knows English.

I went on a German exchange a few weeks ago and one of the German students who wasn't on the exchange asked one of the students why we were so lazy and couldn't speak English. I thought this was harsh of her to say. In Germany they are taught English from a very young age and so much of their lives are in English surprisingly. I have only been learning German for a 2 years and I think most of us on the trip could speak quite a respectful amount of German considering how long we had been learning it.

I have taken two languages for my GCSE's and I understand that it may be hard but I really like the idea of being able to go to a country and being able to speak to them in THEIR language. I do hope one day I will be able to speak another language confidently but I understand that that is not everyones choice.

Do you speak more than one language? Are you trying to learn a new language?
Follow me on
bloglovin 
Google+
 
Maisie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment